Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh’s team came into the 2016 season with national title aspirations. To get there, the Wolverines would have to avoid letdowns against inferior competition. On Saturday night, they accomplished this mission and then some.
Michigan outgained Rutgers 600-39 en route to a 78-0 shutout victory in Piscataway, NJ. The win moves the No. 4 Wolverines in the Amway Coaches’ Poll to 6-0 on the year and 3-0 in the Big Ten. Some notable stats from the route include the largest margin of victory in a contest between FBS teams since 2000 and the worst loss by Rutgers (2-4, 0-3 in Big 10) since 1888.
The Coaches’ Poll and AFCA Coaches’ Trophy
For nearly 60 years, Amway has understood that inspired coaching drives success. Our Independent Business Owners are at the core of our business and are driven by the same passions as the Coaches represented by the AFCA.
The Coaches’ Trophy’s next stop is NC State vs. Clemson in Clemson, SC!
Check out the coverage from local media outlets:
- ESPN 2 – In Game Broadcast Coverage
- FOX Sports
- CBS Detroit
- WCTC-1450AM In Studio Interview with Coaches Trophy Staff (10/7)
- WCTC-1450AM Call-In with Nicole Auerbach – USA Today Sports Writer (10/7)
- WCTC-1450AM Brian Leonard Live Interview during pre-game show (10/8)
- WCTC-1450AM Coaches Trophy Live Interview during pre-game show (10/8)
- WRSU – Rutgers Student Radio Live Interview with Nicole Auerbach Pre-Game Show (10/8)
- USA Today Full Page Ad promoting Trophy Display (10/5)
- FTW – Photo Placement
- Rutgers vs. Michigan Game Notes (CSTV)
Social Media Highlights
Here are highlights from social media from the past weekend: