State bragging rights were on the line this past Saturday afternoon when Iowa State visited Iowa. Ranked 11th in the Amway Coaches Poll, the Hawkeyes made it a historic effort, throttling the Cyclones 42-3. The margin of victory was the largest in Iowa head coach Kirk Ferentz’s 18-year run on the sidelines.
Despite the blowout win, Iowa dropped a spot in the Amway Coaches Poll to 12th.
The Coaches’ Poll and AFCA Coaches’ Trophy
For nearly 60 years, Amway has understood that inspired coaching drives success. At the core of our business, our Independent Business Owners, are driven by similar passions as the Coaches represented by the AFCA across the country.
The Coaches’ Trophy’s next stop is Houston vs. Cincinnati on September 15, followed by USC vs. Stanford on September 17!
Check out the coverage from local media outlets:
- KCRG TV9 interview with Ginnie McSpadden
- KGAN live with Ginnie McSpadden
- KRUI interview with Ginnie McSpadden
- KCJJ 1630 AM Interview by Pat Harty/Tom Suter
- WMT 600 Interview with Dan Wolken :41, Ginnie McSpadden 58:30
- Cedar Rapids Gazette by Marc Morehouse
- Iowa City Press-Citzen: Photo #48
- Mention in Game Notes: Iowa v. Iowa State published by Haweyesports.com
- Mention in Iowa Footbal Game Notes on pg. 10 published by Hawkeyesports.com
- Quad City Times – Coaches Trophy #7 on List
- Quad City Times – Photo #2
- NVS 24
- City Times Photo w/Caption
Social Media Highlights
Here are highlights from social media coverage from the past weekend: