When it comes to sun damage, we’re typically thinking about our skin. But how often are you thinking about its effects on your hair? Those same harmful UV rays that can damage your skin can also damage your hair by breaking down keratin and lipids, leaving your hair thirsty and broken.
Not keen on wearing a hat all summer long? Let us show you how you can confidently show off your healthy looking hair while defending against sun damage.
Dealing with sun damaged hair? We have you covered as we explain how to repair already sun-damaged hair.
1. Defend Your Ends
- Prevent damage before it occurs.
- Each strand of your hair is protected by a layer of lipids called a hydrolipidic film. Sun, salt water, and chlorine can strip away this protective coating of your hair.
- For those with naturally dry hair and chemically treated hair know that your hair is at a greater risk for having its protective film damaged or destroyed.
Our Defensive Strategy
Protect and strengthen hair by applying a sun defense spray, such as the Satinique™ Dual Defend Spray. This easy to apply spray is gentle enough to use every day, and can be applied either to damp or dry hair.
- Shields hair from UV and thermal styling damage
- Protects with a sulfate-free formula, minimizing color fading for color treated hair
- Contains the Patented Enerjuve™ Complex: a positively charged complex of strengthening lipids, reinforcing creatine, and smoothing 18-MEA (methyl eicosanoic acid) which help rebuild weak spots, and repair and revitalize hair from the inside out
- Signature botanical blends and nutrients help restore hair’s natural defenses against environmental stress
2. Ditch the Damage
Damage has already occurred? It’s time to repair.
When the sun robs moisture from your hair, it can look and feel dry and frizzy, which can make it unmanageable and prone to problems holding curl or style. It can even take longer to dry. At its worst, it can cause split ends, which can lead to breakage.
Our Repair Strategy
Restore your hair’s moisture, repair damage, and help strengthen hair to prevent further damage by using the Satinique™ Scalp Tonic.
After washing your hair, lift up sections of hair and apply a drop-size amount of the tonic directly onto the scalp area (or near the scalp). Gently massage the tonic into the scalp, and then continue styling your hair as you normally would.
Why massaging matters
Massage helps stimulate blood flow to the scalp and nourish the hair follicle for thicker, fuller-looking hair.
Maximize your results:
- Apply twice daily
- Massage the tonic into your scalp
- Fine, fragile, and thinning hair finds renewed strength with reduced loss from breakage
- Contains our patented Scalp Revitalizing Complex, which combines scalp-health ingredients with signature botanicals to help promote thicker-looking hair
- Revitalizes your scalp, for a fuller-looking head of hair
- In 12 weeks, 95% agreed that Scalp Tonic helped make their hair look thicker and helped strengthen their fine, fragile hair