Healthy, shiny hair – we know what it looks like. However, what exactly allows you to have this? How do you protect and strengthen your hair, and what can you do to make your locks shine with health?
Let’s Talk About Lipids
Lipids are a fatty molecule that is naturally produced at the root of your hair.
Why lipids are important to healthy hair
- A layer of lipids is applied at the root to help protect and preserve your hair
- This shield can be damaged and worn away by daily activities and environmental factors
Some factors that can damage your protective lipid layer
- Blow-drying, curling, straightening
- The detergents in shampoos
How to check if your lipid layer is intact
Try this test:
- Wet your hand and flick droplets of water onto your hair
- If the water beads, your hair has a healthy shield of lipids
- If it gets soaked up immediately, your lipid layer has been damaged
Protect and strengthen your hair with lipids
Satinique™ shampoos and conditioners, and select treatments contain the patented Enerjuve™ Complex.
The Enerjuve™ Complex
- Composed of the following lipids:
- Ceramides 2 & 3
- 18-MEA (Methyl eicosanoic acid)
- These lipids work synergistically with your hair’s naturally occurring lipids to improve
- strength and elasticity
- shine and smoothness
Get the beautiful head of hair that you deserve
Check out how these Satinique™ haircare products can help you protect and strengthen your hair!