As cooler weather approaches, a sweet, home-baked treat can help take the chill off all your fall adventures.
This healthy muffin recipe is sure to be a hit with the entire family. And they’ll never guess it packs a nutritious punch, thanks to Nutrilite All Plant Protein Powder and healthy whole foods.
So go ahead: Serve up our delicious Banana-Cranberry Pecan Muffins for a light breakfast, a dessert for a special occasion or even a warm snack at a bonfire or hayride.
Banana-cranberry pecan muffins
Serving size: 1 muffin (5 ounces)
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup Nutrilite All Plant Protein Powder
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 ⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- 1 ⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- ½ teaspoon salt
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line or spray a muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, protein powder, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- In a small bowl, mash together the bananas with the eggs and oil.
- Add the wet mix to the dry mix, and stir until incorporated.
- Add in the nuts and dried cranberries.
- Scoop batter into 10 muffin cups and bake 20–25 minutes, or until muffins spring back from touch.
Exchanges: 1 carb, 2½ fruit, 1 protein (plant based), 2 fat
Phytonutrient colors: Green, purple/blue
Substitute 1 tablespoon milled flaxseed for 1 egg
Recipe: 1 tablespoon milled flaxseed to 2–3 tablespoons of water
Simmer for 5 minutes until egg-like consistency. Cool. Add to recipe as substitute for egg