Our favorite times with family and friends usually revolve around food. And nothing brings out the holiday spirit more than a delicious home-cooked meal!
Make this year’s Thanksgiving feast special with this homemade bread recipe. It’s easier than you might think to bake from scratch, so you won’t have to spend all day baking before the party starts!
With plant-based protein powder for added nutrients , and a touch of honey for sweetness, this Honey Wheat Bread recipe is sure to be a new favorite!
Pair this Honey Wheat Bread with homemade hummus for a delicious, satisfying snack!
Honey Wheat Bread
Serving size: 1 slice (2.7 ounces)
- 2½ cups bread flour
- ½ cup Nutrilite All Plant Protein Powder
- ½ cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons dry yeast
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons canola oil or other vegetable oil
- 1 ⅓ cups warm water (about 115 degrees)
- 1 ¼ teaspoons salt
- Sift all dry ingredients together into a large mixing bowl.
- Make a “well” in the center of the dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mix together warm water, honey, and oil.
- Pour liquid mix into “well” in the dry mix and work together into a dough.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead for about 5 minutes.
- Place dough in a large oiled bowl, top with plastic film, and allow to double in size in a warm place.
- When dough is doubled in size, punch the dough down, and return to floured surface.
- Flatten out dough to expel trapped air and roll dough into a loaf.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place loaf of dough into a coated bread pan, cover with a damp kitchen towel, and allow to rise in a warm place until it’s just above the pan.
- Bake bread until it has a hollow sound when tapped or when a thermometer in the center of the bread reads 190 degrees.
- Cool on rack and slice as needed.
Exchanges: 2 carb, 1 fat
Phytonutrient color: Green
Substitute sugar/agave nectar for honey.