A delicious dip or spread adds the perfect touch to any meal — from small gatherings at home, to holiday feasts with the whole family. And this homemade Hummus is flavorful and simple to make!
Impress your favorite people with this Hummus recipe that gets an added boost of nutrients from a plant-based protein powder. Just don’t be surprised if they ask you to bring it again next year!
Serving size: ½ cup (7–8 tablespoons)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 cups garbanzo beans drained (save liquid)
- ½ cup Nutrilite All Plant Protein Powder
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Drain canned garbanzo beans and save liquid.
- In a food processor, add all ingredients except chopped parsley and process until smooth.
- Add as much reserved liquid to make hummus separable.
- Stir in parsley by hand.
- Serve with pita chips, crusty bread, or crackers.
Exchanges: 1 carb, 1 protein (plant based), 2 fat
Phytonutrient colors: Green, yellow, white