Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day. Why not pack it with as much color and nutrients as you can?
Our protein-packed veggie omelet is a meatless, protein-rich option to start your day, and is ovo-lacto vegetarian friendly.
How much protein is enough?
The recommended daily protein amount for a 2000 calorie intake for adults and children 4 or more years in age is 50 grams (National Institute of Health).
Protein Powders Pack Extra Nutrition
One way to get extra protein into your diet, is to use a high-quality protein powder. You’ll find lots of protein powder recipes that suggest adding these supplements to foods and beverages for an extra nutritional punch.
All Plant Protein Powder by Nutrilite® is a good choice. With 10 grams of protein per serving, you can easily sprinkle it over food or stir it into your favorite drinks.
Why All Plant Protein Powder?
This unique formulation is:
- Made from soy, wheat, and yellow pea
- A flavorless addition to meals, drinks, and batters
- Dairy-, lactose-, and cholesterol-free
Protein-Packed Veggie Omelet
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped vegetables: onions, green pepper, tomato, mushrooms, etc.
- 3 egg whites or 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 1 scoop Nutrilite® All Plant Protein Powder
- 1⁄2 ounce shredded, low-fat cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Spray a nonstick frying pan with the butter-flavored cooking spray. Sauté vegetables over medium heat.
- While the vegetables are cooking, beat egg whites or egg substitute with milk and Nutrilite All Plant Protein Powder in a small bowl.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and cook until set.
- Sprinkle with cheese, season to taste, and serve.