Are you someone who loves Halloween and can’t wait to try new costumes? Or do you only dress up under duress, doing the bare minimum to avoid ridicule?
No matter where you fall on the spectrum, we have some ideas to help using makeup you likely already own, a few props and maybe some shades borrowed from friends.
Amway Connections provided Phoenix-area makeup artist Maria Micsunecu with several different kinds of Artistry™ makeup and asked her to develop three different Halloween looks that other people could easily recreate.
Mermaids and vampires, oh my!
If a mythical mermaid is your style, click here to see how to create the look. Want to be a bit more frightening? See how she creates a glamorous but slightly gory vampire. But if you’ve always dreamed of being an Egyptian queen, watch the video below to see her transform someone into Cleopatra.
See the products and simple steps she used under the video so you can recreate it yourself. Simply make adjustments for your own skin tone and have some fun.
Or, use these techniques to create an entirely new look for your costume. Take a look, tell us what you think!
- Blend in Artistry Youth Xtend™ Lifting Smoothing Foundation in caramel and set with Artistry Exact Fit™ Perfecting Loose Powder in light.
- Apply shades two and three from Artistry Studio™ On-the-Go Face & Eye Palette NYC edition in Liberty Light to eyelids. Top it off with the peachy-pink gold from Artistry Studio™ Limited Edition Illuminating Light Up Compact NYC edition, Broadway Lights.
- Using Artistry Signature Color™ Longwearing Eye Pencil in black, apply a thick line on the top and bottom of the eye, with a slight wing corners. Repeat using Artistry Signature Color™ Longwearing Liquid Liner in black, this time finishing with a dramatic wing.
- Add contouring with Artistry Exact Fit™ Perfecting Concealer in deep/very deep, applying it under the cheek bones, under and along the side of the nose, at the temples and the lower part of the chin. Blend.
- Apply all three shades in the Artistry Studio™ Limited Edition Illuminating Light Up Compact NYC edition on top of cheek bones, above lip, in the middle of the nose and on collar bones.
- Add shade five from Artistry Studio™ On-the-Go Face & Eye Palette NYC edition in Midtown Medium to the apple of the cheeks. If that’s not available, try the #passionista shade of blush from the Artistry Studio™ On-the-Go Palette Bangkok edition.
- Use Artistry™ Automatic EyeBrow Pencil in brown to fill in the brows, extending their length down the sides for a dramatic look.
- Apply Artistry Exact Fit™ Perfecting Concealer in the light shade followed by the pink nude shade of Artistry Signature Color™ Light Up Lip Gloss. Using a small brush, top it off with the peachy-pink gold from the Artistry Studio™ Limited Edition Illuminating Light Up Compact NYC edition.
- Finish the look with Artistry Studio™ Lash Boosting 3-in-1 Mascara NYC edition in Gotham Black.