The daily onslaught of supplement marketing may cause you to believe that every kid needs a load of extra gummy vitamins on top of their daily nutrition. This isn’t necessarily the case.
If your child is eating a healthy, balanced diet, they should get plenty of the vitamins and minerals they need each day from their food. For example:
- Vitamin A is found in milk, cheese, eggs and yellow-to-orange vegetables like carrots, yams and squash.
- Vitamin Bs are in meat, chicken, fish, nuts, eggs, milk, cheese, beans and soybeans.
- Vitamin C is in citrus fruit, strawberries, kiwi, tomatoes and green vegetables like broccoli.
- Vitamin D is in milk and other fortified dairy products, egg yolks and fish oil.
- Calcium also is in milk, cheese, yogurt, tofu and calcium-fortified orange juice.
- Iron is in beef and other red meats, turkey, pork, spinach, beans and prunes.
However, for some lifestyles, achieving a balanced diet every single day can be downright difficult, if not impossible. Between work, school, practices and play dates, nutritious, home-cooked meals often fall by the wayside.
Medical conditions can also make healthy eating difficult, and medications to treat these conditions often add to vitamin and mineral deficiencies. Plus, many kids are picky eaters who aren’t afraid to stare down a plate of carrots rather than letting one get near their lips.
In those cases, supplements can be a great option. They are also good for children who are incredibly active, are on a restricted diet such as vegetarian or dairy-free, or consume a lot of processed foods and soda – the main offerings of fast food restaurants.
Some supplement options
Nutrilite offers several vitamin and supplement options to help fill those gaps.
Nutrilite® Kids Chewable Daily can satisfy the pickiest eaters. Each bottle contains a variety of Strawberry-Mango, Grape and Orange flavors with no artificial flavors or colors. It’s also aspartame- and lactose-free and certified halal. Nutrilite Kids Chewable Daily contains vitamin A, the B vitamins (B1, B2, B6, B12, biotin, folic acid, niacin, and pantothenic acid), vitamin C, vitamin D, vitamin E, magnesium, zinc, calcium, iron and copper.
Nutrilite® Kids Brainiums DHA® Supplement helps support a child’s focus, concentration and learning†. Four gummies each day provides the key omega-3 fatty acids their growing minds need: 115 mg of DHA and 45 mg of EPA and no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
Nutrilite® Kids Chewable Concentrated Fruits and Vegetables can help fill the phytonutrient gap when the recommended 5 to 9 servings a day of fresh fruits and vegetables just won’t happen.
And, there are no added artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. A child’s two-tablet daily serving includes the:
- Lycopene of a 1/2 tomato.
- Lutein of a 1/2 cup of raw spinach.
- Quercetin of 2 1/2 apples.
- Ellagic acid of 3/4 cup of raspberries.
- Hesperidin of 1 1/2 oranges.
- Exclusive Nutrilite phytonutrient concentrate from blueberries, elderberries, rosemary, Acerola cherries, broccoli, spinach and carrots.
†This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.