Men’s Health Month is upon us! With health fairs and men’s events taking place all over the world throughout June, it’s a good reminder to take a proactive approach to support optimal health.
We all want to feel our best, stay active and enjoy our time with friends and family. To achieve optimal health, we need to take a balanced approach. That means addressing all these aspects of our daily lives:
Healthy lifestyle habits can ward off all types of illnesses. For optimal results:
- Adopt a healthier diet. A good start is to minimize refined sugars, and eat more fresh vegetables.
- Quit smoking.
- Exercise more regularly.
- Maintain a proper weight.
- See a physician regularly to help ensure early detection of any problems.
Rest and relaxation
Sufficient sleep gives us time to recover from the day’s activities. Likewise, relaxation techniques can help relieve stress, reduce mindless eating and improve overall mental health.
With an awareness of ailments that run in our families, we can proactively address potential problems like high blood pressure.
Nutrition and supplementation
Eating a balanced diet isn’t always easy, but whole grains, fruits, vegetables and lean proteins all contain nutrients that we need to function. To fill nutrient gaps, most of us can benefit from taking supplements.
The importance of plants
The phytonutrients that give plants their diverse colors also play vital roles in supporting our optimal health. That’s why experts recommend eating a rainbow of different brightly-colored fruits and vegetables every day.
These phytonutrients act as antioxidants to protect cells from damaging free radicals. Plus, each color family is associated with specific health benefits. For instance:
- Red fruits and vegetables contain phytonutrients that contribute to heart, DNA and prostate health.
- Purple foods support brain and heart health, arterial function and antioxidant protection.
- Green foods contain help support cellular health and healthy liver function.
- Orange foods support eye health and healthy immune function.
- White foods contribute to bone and joint health and promote good circulation.
Supplementation designed for men
Nutrilite™ Men’s Pack is specially formulated to help fill the nutrient gaps that men commonly face. The Men’s Pack offers 24 essential vitamins and minerals with key phytonutrients to help support heart, brain and immune system health.†
† This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
The best of nature, the best of science
Men’s Health Month encourages us to work toward optimal health — and the Nutrilite™ brand reminds us that a quality, plant-based nutritional supplement can help us achieve our goals. Learn more about Nutrilite products on our website.