Bring warmth to the season with healthy, homemade pancakes the whole family will be happy to wake up to! We’re offering up a recipe for Apple Cinnamon Flapjacks that make a perfect weekend breakfast.
Power-up with All Plant Protein
Plant-based protein from Nutrilite All Plant Protein Powder will help everyone power through their busy days, while apples and cinnamon provide a classic flavor combination in an all-new twist on your favorite flapjacks!
Try them as a special treat whenever the kids want “breakfast for dinner,” too!
Apple Cinnamon Flapjacks
Serving Size: ¼ of recipe or 5.8 ounces
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ cup whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup Nutrilite All Plant Protein Powder
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- 3½ teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2½ cups apple juice
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 4 minutes
- Preheat nonstick iCook pan or griddle.
- In a large bowl, sift together all dry ingredients, including spices.
- Wisk in apple juice, honey, and oil until smooth.
- Fold in diced apples.
- Brush pan with a small amount of oil and pour about ½ cup of batter into pan.
- Flip the pancake when golden brown and finish cooking the other side.
- Serve with maple syrup or fruit topping of your choice.
- NOTE: Pancakes require low cooking temperature to allow cakes to cook a bit longer than pancakes with eggs.
Exchanges: 4 carb, 1 protein (plant-based), 2 fat
Substitute granulated/beet sugar or agave nectar for honey.