Summer is here — the season of steaks, burgers, and BBQ!
Let’s face it – grill foods and backyard BBQ fare is not always the healthiest, or the most nutrient packed (we’re looking at you, hotdogs!).
For those who want to eat light and still get complete nutrition, an easy homemade veggie burger with added all plant protein powder is a great choice.
This delicious Nutrilite Chipotle Veggie Burger recipe gets its kick of flavor from natural ingredients like peppers and garlic. Plus, with a juicy tomato on top, it’s a meal that offers healthful phytonutrients from every color family!
Nutrilite Chipotle Veggie Burger
Serving size: 1 burger (6 ounces)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup black beans
- ¾ cup cooked brown rice
- ¾ cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup onion, finely diced
- ½ cup portobello mushrooms, diced, sautéed
- ½ cup sweet corn kernels
- ¼ cup Nutrilite All Plant Protein Powder
- 1 ⁄3 cup queso fresca OR crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chipotle peppers
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
Inactive time: 20 minutes
Total time: 37 minutes
- Sauté the diced mushrooms and onion in olive oil until soft, about 4 minutes, then cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
- Shape mixture into 6 patties and place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Place patties in freezer for about 20 minutes to set up.
- Cook patties to 165 degrees in a nonstick iCook pan or on the grill. Serve with your favorite bun and toppings.
NOTE: Peppers may be decreased or increased to taste.
Exchanges: 2 carb, 1 protein (plant-based), 1 fat
- Substitute flaxseed for egg
- Substitute soy or rice cheese for queso fresca/feta cheese