Once the invite comes for a tailgate party, block party or just to a friend’s place for some food and fun, some people may immediately start planning of the perfect appetizer or side dish for the occasion.
But not everyone has the time and talent to make a football-shaped cheese ball or cookies decorated like the jerseys of your favorite team. For the rest of us, a delicious dip or spread makes an easy and welcome contribution to any buffet.
Try this hummus recipe, which only takes about 10 minutes to make. It gets an added boost of nutrients from Nutrilite™ All Plant Protein Powder.
It makes a great dip for your favorite veggies, BodyKey™ Whole Grain Tortilla Chips or as a spread on top of this recipe for Honey Wheat Bread, which also uses protein powder.
Just don’t be surprised if they ask you to bring it again next year!
- 10 half-cup servings (7–8 tablespoons)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 cups garbanzo beans drained (save liquid)
- ½ cup Nutrilite™ All Plant Protein Powder
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Drain canned garbanzo beans and save liquid.
- In a food processor, add all ingredients except chopped parsley and process until smooth.
- Add as much reserved liquid to make hummus spreadable.
- Stir in parsley by hand.
- Serve with pita chips, tortilla chips, crusty bread or crackers.
- 1 carb, 1 protein (plant based), 2 fat
Want to learn more about Nutrilite™ All Plant Protein Powder, BodyKey™ Whole Grain Tortilla Chips and other Nutrilite products? Visit the websites for Amway US or Amway Canada. For more recipes, check out other blogs on Amway Connections.