Looking for a perfect addition to your next homemade meal? Your whole family will love this delicious yet healthy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus — and you’ll love how easy it is to make!
Surprise them with a homemade treat
Flavor-filled, made-from-scratch hummus is a great dip for fresh veggies, your favorite crackers or BodyKey™ Whole Grain Tortilla Chips. Serve it as a delicious meal starter or as a light, healthful snack any day of the year.
In this recipe, roasted red peppers — which you can buy prepared, or make yourself — add natural flavor to kickstart your meal. They’re the perfect complement to the pureed garbanzo beans that give hummus its smooth texture. Plus, Nutrilite All Plant Protein Powder adds a nutritional boost to the recipe!
Best of all, it’s ready in as little as 10 minutes, making it a great, late addition when you need a little extra surprise on the table.
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Serving Size: ½ cup (7–8 tablespoons)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups canned garbanzo beans, drained
- ¾ cup roasted red peppers
- ½ cup Nutrilite All Plant Protein Powder
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley sprigs, chopped
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Drain canned garbanzo beans.
- In a food processor, place all ingredients except parsley. Process until smooth.
- Stir in parsley by hand.
- Serve with pita chips, BodyKey Tortilla Chips, or crackers. You can even use it as a sandwich spread!
Exchanges: 1 carb, 1 protein (plant-based), 2 fat
To learn more about the BodyKey™ SmartLoss™ program, visit the BodyKey page at Amway.com.