Looking for a perfect addition to your next homemade meal? Your whole family will love this delicious yet healthy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus — and you’ll love how easy it is to make!
Surprise them with a homemade treat
Flavor-filled, made-from-scratch hummus is a great dip for fresh veggies, your favorite crackers or BodyKey™ Whole Grain Tortilla Chips. Serve it as a delicious meal starter or as a light, healthful snack any day of the year.
In this recipe, roasted red peppers — which you can buy prepared, or make yourself — add natural flavor to kickstart your meal. They’re the perfect complement to the pureed garbanzo beans that give hummus its smooth texture. Plus, Nutrilite™ All Plant Protein Powder adds a nutritional boost to the recipe!
Best of all, it’s ready in as little as 10 minutes, making it a great, late addition when you need a little extra surprise on the table.
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Serving Size: ½ cup (7–8 tablespoons)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups canned garbanzo beans, drained
- ¾ cup roasted red peppers
- ½ cup Nutrilite All Plant Protein Powder
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley sprigs, chopped
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Drain canned garbanzo beans.
- In a food processor, place all ingredients except parsley. Process until smooth.
- Stir in parsley by hand.
- Serve with pita chips, BodyKey Tortilla Chips, or fresh vegetables. You can even use it as a sandwich spread!
Exchanges: 1 carb, 1 protein (plant-based), 2 fat
To learn more about Nutrilite All Plant Protein Powder and other products, click on the links below. And for more great recipes, check out other blogs at Amway Connections.
To learn more about Amway, its brands and its products,
click on the website where you live:
Some products may not be available in Canada or the Dominican Republic or may be sold under a different name.