It’s Healthy Aging Month! As we grow older, many of us will have more time to devote to achieving and maintaining good health — and that’s a good thing.
Living A Healthy Lifestyle Begins With Good Nutrition
At Amway, we believe in the power of nutrient-dense foods. They deliver quality vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients to support optimal health.
5 Tips for Healthy Living
Here are a few quick tips for getting necessary nutrients as the years go by:
- Eat 50% fruits and vegetables: Strive for at least five servings of fruits and veggies daily. That’s easy to do when half your plate is filled with brightly colored vegetables like tomatoes and broccoli or deeply colored fruits like berries. Produce delivers vitamins, minerals, and fiber — plus phytonutrients.
- Get 25% in lean proteins: Good examples are fish, poultry, lean beef, low-fat dairy products, beans or tofu.
- Get another 25% from whole or enriched grains: Fortified cereals, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, and whole grain breads are good choices.
- Choose your drinks wisely: Fluids like water and low-fat milk should be your primary beverages.
- Consider supplements: Many adults do not meet 100% of their nutrient requirements. Consider a broad-based vitamin (especially vitamin D) and mineral (like calcium and magnesium) supplement as well as phytonutrients.
Looking for the right supplement?
Support healthy joints, healthy vision, and support both shorter- and longer-term memory.
Try the Nutrilite™ Healthy Aging Pack > This trio of supplements comes in easy morning and evening packets that you can carry with you anywhere.