Wondering if the claims you see about nutritional supplement quality are real? With Amway and Nutrilite, they are! In the final installment of our series on this topic, we explain more about how we control the quality of our products, every step of the way.
Even while supplements are still in the development stage, Nutrilite seeks outside validation of its science from experts in the field of nutrition research. Those experts make key contributions through advising Nutrilite scientists and their overall approach to specific nutrition products.
Controlling quality from seed to supplement
In addition, Nutrilite can truly say that we’re the only global vitamin and mineral brand to grow, harvest, and process plants on its own certified organic farms.
Growing our own plants organically not only assures that they are free of pesticides and other contaminants, but it increases the level of phytonutrients they contain. “When the plants are grown in an organic environment, they have to produce their own defenses, which they do by making phytonutrients,” says Dr. Amit Chandra, Distinguished Scientist and Amway Research and Development Manager.
How we do it
- Nutrilite grows plants on nearly 6,000 acres of our own certified organic farms in Brazil, Mexico, and the United States.
- We grow plants that have the highest concentrations of phytonutrients that are beneficial to people’s health. The acerola cherries Nutrilite grows on its farm in Brazil, for example, contain one of nature’s most concentrated forms of naturally occurring vitamin C.
- Through “harvest optimization,” we closely monitor the plants, picking them when the phytonutrients are at their peak. For instance: Those same acerola cherries are at their nutritional peak and harvested while still green.
- Then, we process them in our own facilities — giving us authority over every step of production.
- For plants we can’t grow on our farms, Nutrilite buys from other farms under our rigorous NutriCert certification program. This assures that our suppliers follow the same, high standards for quality that we use on our own farms.
See what makes NutriCert so valuable:
Discover more about our commitment to quality
For these reasons and more, Amway can say that when you buy a Nutrilite supplement, rest assured you’re getting exactly what the label says. That means quality, purity, and product composition controlled by Amway from seed to supplement — and verified by in-house and third-party testing.